Oh yummy! I have just found this recipe on the 'worldy web' for a fat free Strawberry Pavolova…..so if you want an indulgent treat without the fat then why now give it a go!
Gather together the following:-
• 3 egg whites
• 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
• 3/4 cup caster sugar
• 2 cups fat-free whipped topping
• 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Draw the outline of an upside down 8-9 inch plate on to the parchment.
2. Place egg whites in a spotlessly clean metal or glass bowl and beat egg until foamy. Add cream of tartar, then whisk with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks are formed. Add the sugar one tablespoon at a time, beating at high speed between each addition. Whisk until egg whites are stiff and glossy……easy peasy!
3. Spoon meringue mixture into a large mound on the outline you drew on the parchment. Keep the edges slightly higher than the centre then bake in the oven for 1 hour. Switch off oven but leave meringue in oven to dry—about 2-3 hours. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
4. When meringue is dry and cool, either use straight away, piling fat-free cool whip and sliced berries on top and serve, or store meringue base in an airtight container until ready to use.
Serves 6 or 4 if very greedy!
Per Serving Calories 153, Calories from Fat 1, Total Fat 0.1g (sat 0.1g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Carbohydrate 36g, Fiber 0.9g, Protein 2g
And if all else fails and you over indulge in other summer delights pop along to Dance in Motion and have a go at some of their dance and excercise classes!
Member since: 8th March 2011
I live at the edge of a pretty little town at the foot of the Malvern Hills, where days are long and always sunny, my house tidy, cupboards full, and the washing pile non existent...hmm maybe not.