8 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
1 free-range egg yolk
50g/1¾oz butter, softened
icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2. Pop the flour, sugar, peanut butter, egg yolk and butter into a big bowl and mix together until combined to a nice smooth dough.
3. With lightly floured hands, so it doesn’t all stick to your mitts in a gloopy mess, break off evenly sized pieces of the dough and roll into walnut sized balls.
4. Pop the dough balls onto a baking sheet lined with silicon paper or baking parchment and press each ball with the back of a fork to flatten slightly.
5. Pop in the oven and bake for ten minutes, or until just turning a nice golden-brown.
6. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack carefully and allow to cool for ten minutes.
7. Dust with icing sugar……………………………and eat!!!!
By Paul Rankin
From Ready Steady Cook
Member since: 8th March 2011
I live at the edge of a pretty little town at the foot of the Malvern Hills, where days are long and always sunny, my house tidy, cupboards full, and the washing pile non existent...hmm maybe not.