Having had a lovely meal at Gallipoli over the weekend I've decided to give you my top 5 Turkish restaurants in the area. Unsurprisingly being Islington you're not exactly short of options.
In no particular order here are my top 5
1. Gallipoli, Had a great meal hear on Friday. Service was excellent as was the food. They've got 3 places in Islington now and you can't really fault their food or service. My mixed grill was excellent
2. Harmans, Based up in Archway this really is a great little find. The owner still does all the cooking and this makes a difference to the care taken with food preparation and presentation. I haven't been here in a while but I need to make the effort to pop up.
3. Pasha has being in Islington for around 20 years now and has always consistently delivery quality food and service. Consistently rated as one of the best restaurants in the area it's always worth a visit.
4. Gem has had great success over the years and with good reason. This Kurdish restaurant has some unique features with farm implements hanging from the ceiling. The menu is traditional quality Kurdish at a price point well below what you would expect particularly given the trend for overpriced food in Islington
5. Antepliler, My final addition for Turkish restaurants will ensure you leave satisfied every time you eat there. Portions are tasty and generous. It's always busy over the weekend which can lead to a feeling of being forgotten by the waitress but are never rude just very busy.
So there are my top choices. Have a look at the restaurants here for some more ideas http://www.thebestof.co.uk/local/islington/business-guide/popular/a-night-out
Member since: 10th July 2012
Your guide to everything Islington. My name is Nevan and I run The Best of Islington website, I'm constantly looking to find the best places to go and things to do is this lovely borough.