So there are no shortage of places to go for a drink around Islington and with the Christmas drinking season in full swing and every promising to catch up for a drink before the end of the year here are my top 5 places to go for that after work drink.
1. The Lord Clyde on Essex Road really is a great pub while it's a little walk from Angel tube it's worth the effort. Unpretentious and feels like a real pub without the old men sitting in the corner. The food is a good standard and reasonably priced.
2. If you're working around Archway my favourite is always the Oak and Pastor. The decor is quirky but not too quirky and you always get a smile when you come in. Many people miss out on this place by stopping at St Johns Tavern 50 yards up the road but keep walking and you'll be pleasantly surprised
3. I really like the Lamb on Holloway Road close to Highbury and Islington station. A relative newcomer to the area it makes a great addition and by far is the best pub in the area. Again unpretentious and while they don't have a kitchen you can order pizza at the bar which comes from a place around the corner
4. If you're around the top of Caledonian Road a good place to go for after works drinks is The George Shillibeer. They have regular comedy nights and events and as they are just under an office block there tends to be a good mix of people from creative's to office workers frequenting the bar.
5. The Drapers arms in Barnsbury has always been one of my favourite places to go for a drink around Islington. The food is excellent and it's just a well done pub with good decor and cosy feel to it although it has become so popular now that it can get a little busy especially after work on a Friday.
Fell free to let me know where you like to go for an after work drink in the area.
Enjoy the weekend.
Member since: 10th July 2012
Your guide to everything Islington. My name is Nevan and I run The Best of Islington website, I'm constantly looking to find the best places to go and things to do is this lovely borough.