Bringing you the Best from the Local Area, on the Thames and around it.read more »
There's nothing so nice as messing about on the river ' especially on a boat leisure trip with Hobbs of Henley-on-Thames
Experience the River from a different angle- with help from Hobbs of Henley
In Henley-on-Thames we're lucky enough to be blessed with one of the most famous and breathtaking stretches of river in the country.
But how many of us take this jewel in Henley-on-Thames' crown for granted?
Make 2014 a year to remember by getting out onto the river on a boat leisure trip, instead of just watching it go by.
Hobbs of Henley, the family run firm that knows the River Thames inside out, is determined to help you do just that.
This well known Henley-on-Thames company offers every conceivable way of helping you to get the most out of the river, whether you want to hire a boat, organise a party or enjoy an organised day cruise.
Hobbs of Henley, established in 1870, has an enviable reputation of providing the finest hospitality afloat, whatever your aspirations and budget.
From luxurious vessels to small motor launches, we offer a boat hire service that's second to none in Henley-on-Thames. Among our range of superb river vessels for hire, there's sure to be something that floats your boat.
With Hobbs of Henley, you're in safe hands - their extensive knowledge and experience of boat leisure trips goes back five generations. And whatever the occasion, their level of service is second to none.
River Cruise or Rowing Boat - the choice is yours
Hobbs of Henley are the specialists in boat hire and boat leisure trips, providing the most extensive range of boating facilities for miles around. Whether you are looking for a party venue in Henley-on-Thames that's out of the ordinary or simply want to hire a rowing boat or motor launch, Hobbs offers the ideal solutions for all river-based activities.
So whether you're new to Henley-on-Thames or just want to get out and enjoy the river, there's something for everyone.
Whether you want to:
- Hire a rowing boat
- Need boat mooring in Henley-on-Thames
- Take a luxurious river holiday on our beautiful Linssen motor yacht
- Enjoy a day out on a chauffeur-driven motor launch
- Hire a motor launch and drive it yourself
- Take a one-hour sightseeing trip along the Royal Regatta course
- Charter a luxury passenger vessel for a special occasion or corporate event
- Experience the Henley Royal Regatta or Festival on the river
- Hold a wedding reception on one of our luxury vessels
- Join one of our organised cruises...
... You can be assured of top quality service and individual attention - as well as a great day out on Henley-on-Thames' beautiful river.
Cruising with Hobbs of Henley
To help you get the most out of the jewel in Henley-on-Thames' crown, Hobbs have teamed up with some exciting people to provide a range of themed cruises for 2014. These include:
· Wildlife Cruises
· Jazz Cruises
· Spice Merchant Cruise
· Comedy Cruises
· Sightseeing Rivertrips
· Fawlty Towers Dinner Cruise
· Xmas Party Nights
· Elvis Party Nights
· Santa Cruises
Whatever your interest, you're sure to find something to suit, as well as experience a cruise to remember. For more information about our special event cruises, visit our website on the link at the top of this page.
For the most up-to-date information on all Hobbs of Henley's events, check out the
link to the Best of Henley's events pages on:
Scheduled River Trips from Easter to September
At Hobbs of Henley we also offer one hour public river trips on our three popular passenger vessels, Consuta II, Hibernia and Waterman from Easter to September. Whatever the weather, these luxurious cruisers allow you to enjoy a River Thames Boat Leisure trip in style and comfort. These popular river trips depart from and return to our boatyard at Station Road and last 60 minutes. Each trip features an informative pre-recorded commentary.
Bookings are taken in advance on the day of the trip only and it is recommended that you call us on the day to confirm availability and timings for all river trips.
Hobbs of Henley - a boat for all occasions
At Hobbs of Henley we offer an extensive range of boats and cruising vessels for every possible occasion, from days out, to tours and sightseeing trips as well as for use as party venues and wedding venues. We also provide elegant chauffeured launches for up to 12 people for that special day out or occasion.
Our scrupulously maintained river fleet includes:
- The New Orleans - the largest and most luxurious passenger vessel on the upper Thames. Based on the style of a Mississippi Sternwheeler - this stylish vessel is the perfect venue for any special occasion from weddings to corporate events
- The Hibernia - A new and exciting concept in passenger vessel design. Enjoy the beauty of the River Thames in this modern glass-encased boat. Perfect for entertaining.
- The Waterman - One of our newest additions, this fine craft has been constructed using the latest technology and is extremely comfortable
- ‘Jacqueline’ – our new Linssen 34.9 motor yacht available for weekend or weekly hire. Perfect for family river holidays or weekend away with friends or family, sleeps 6.
- ‘Olympic Launches’ – these motor launches are our new stylish additions to our fleet for 2014. They can either be chartered as chauffeur driven (max 10) or on a self drive basis (max 12)
- The Lily-Anna and Evie - Our two skippered 12-seater Edwardian style motor launches. Perfect for Henley Regatta and Festival days
- The Umpire's Launch - These traditional vintage umpire's launches built by Hobbs of Henley can accommodate up to 12 guests and allow you to enjoy the river in style
- And many more...
Boat Maintenance and Management Services
As well as our luxurious passenger vessels, river trips, boat hire and self drive motor launches, Hobbs of Henley also provide a comprehensive River and Boating Service from their Henley-on-Thames base right by the River Thames. Our Henley Boatyard offers all kinds of services and facilities for the boat owner including:
•Mooring and Storage facilities
•Seasonal Moorings for boats up to 20ft long in Goring
•Fuel and Water at the Station Road Yard in Henley.
•Outboard Motor Service and repairs. Telephone 01491 579681
•Seasonal small boat storage ashore during the boating season
•Inboard engine service and repairs from G-Mech Marine Engineers
•Boatbuilding woodwork and fibre glass repairs from Paul Brownjohn at our Wargrave Road Boatyard
If you're a boat owner and need advice on any related subject, Hobbs of Henley can help. We are happy to provide all kinds of advice and useful information for the river user seven days a week throughout the boating season, April to September, and for five days a week during the winter months.
Messing About on the River has never been more inviting with Hobbs of Henley
Whether you're looking for a day out, a sightseeing trip, need boat hire, a river boat trip, boat maintenance, a party venue or boat moorings, we're here to help. Give us a call today on:
For more details of all that Hobbs has to offer, visit our website at by clicking on the link at the top of this page.
If you have used Hobbs of Henley, The Best of Henley would love to hear from you. We would be delighted if you would write a review about Hobbs of Henley, boat river trips, boat hire, boat maintenance and management, boat moorings, days out, party venues, tours and sightseeing and wedding venues.
And if you now use Hobbs of Henley, please can you tell them you saw their advertisement at www.thebestof.co.uk/Henley-on-thames. Thanks!
©The Best of Henley
Thebestofhenleyonthames recently ran a very successful competition to win a Hobbs of Henley launch for the day.read more »