More than 100 years since it was first established by Mr Attwater and Mr Liell, one of the region’s leading firms of solicitors has changed its name and will now simply be known as Attwaters.
On Monday 15th June, not only did the name change, its familiar green logo and branding also disappeared and replaced by bright, new red and orange branding.
The firm believes that the changes portray a more modern image and emphasise its position as a firm of solicitors that provides high quality services to private clients and to businesses in London, Essex, Hertfordshire and beyond.
Commenting on the change of name and logo, Sheenagh Parsons, Attwaters’ Managing Partner, said:
“This firm has a great tradition, but we’re actually a very modern business. We’ve evolved and we’ve come a very long way in the past 100 years. We want to move with the times and ensure that the way we look represents what we are – modern and progressive. We feel the time is right for us to look to the future and position ourselves to ensure that we continue to grow over the next century and beyond.
“Whilst we’ll be sorry to lose the name Liell, in truth most clients and local people refer to us as just Attwaters. Gone are the days when you need to have two or three surnames in the firm’s name!”
“These changes reflect our confidence in the future and our belief that our growth, which has continued despite the economic downturn, will continue.”
The firm was established on 26th August 1901 in London with offices in Bishopsgate and Stratford. The firm’s turnover in that first year was three thousand, one hundred and ten pounds, three shillings and 11d. In today’s money, that’s about £175,000.
Today, more than 60 staff and partners work for Attwaters in their West Square, Harlow and High Road, Loughton offices. Whilst the firm will bear a new name, logo, branding and website (www.attwaters.co.uk), the postal addresses and contact details remain the same.
One of the features of Attwaters’ history is its commitment to the local community. This was demonstrated when, on 27th June, when partners and staff abandoned their desks to attempt the 28 mile Lee Valley Walk, raising money for St Clare Hospice. In addition, Attwaters were one of the main sponsors of the 2nd Annual Harlow Midsummer Music Festival on 11 July.
Attwater & Liell was established on 26th August 1901 by Mr Walter Jones Attwater and Mr Leonard W Liell The first offices were in the city of London – Bishopsgate and 35 The Broadway, Stratford The Loughton office opened in the 1930s followed by the Harlow office in 1954 Today more than 60 staff and partners work for the firm in their West Square, Harlow and High Road, Loughton offices Attwaters holds the Law Society’s Lexcel standard for good client care and management practice The firm has been selected as members of The Legal Alliance (TLA), a national network of quality independent law firms Attwaters offers a wide range of legal services to individuals and businesses including: employment, commercial litigation, family, personal injury, clinical negligence, wills and probate, and property More details can be found at www.attwaters.co.uk