We've created this event for those who may be new to multi-sport events. From great changing facilities to how to manage a perfect poolside transition, you'll be looked after and carefully briefed to take on the challenge with confidence.
With a super-sprint 400m swim (just 8 lengths of the Olympic pool) followed by a fast 5K run course around the iconic sights of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, you'll find the athletic challenge just enough for a perfect first-time multisport experience.
Places are strictly limited to ensure you have a comfortable swim, and fellow competitors around you on the run course to keep you going.
Participants, grouped together in waves (8:00am, 8:40am, 9:20am) and released in 15-second intervals, will be allocated an exact swim start time between 8:00am and 9:40am - communicated in the week leading up to the event, together with a recommended arrival time at least 30 minutes prior to their start wave.
Faster swimmers will begin first within each wave - determined by the estimated 400m swim time provided during registration to minimise congestion – but all participants will be randomly allocated to one of the three waves.
As an official British Triathlon permit-holding event, you'll benefit from a professional experience that meets all the requirements of the sport and introduces you to the technicalities and rules to help you get the most out of your experience.
Event merchandise is available for purchase during registration for delivery by the following weekend when ordered by Sunday.
All of our events are organised following government and governing body COVID-19 guidance. We will continue to ensure that we deliver safe and enjoyable events.
Entry on the day will be subject to availability and a GBP 5 surcharge.
For event updates and future promotions, follow The Race Organiser on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You can also join our Strava club to see how your fellow competitors are training and compare your event day performance.
Aquathlon (Super Sprint) SWIM 400m / RUN 5Km
These events are expected to be licensed with the British Triathlon Federation (BTF), the competition rules of which can be found here. We recommend participants familiarise themselves with the information therein, specifically sections 4 (Swimming), 6 (Running) and 7 (Transition) for details on equipment and their expected conduct during the event. Entry includes day membership for non-BTF members which will be provided on event day.
Bib numbers (and swimming caps) are available for collection at the event only, participants should not expect to receive anything by mail. Participants will also receive a wristband to facilitate access to the changing area and pool and an ankle strap/timing chip to be worn throughout the event.
- Dress for your swim, to include your swim cap, ankle strap/timing chip and arm transfers (if provided).
- Attach your race number to the front of the top in which you will be running using the safety pins provided at registration. Your number should always be visible during your run, and must not be covered/obstructed by other clothing/belts etc.
- Take your running kit to poolside for your pre-race briefing, 15 minutes prior to your wave start time (which will be communicated in the week leading up to the event).
- Participants will wait poolside in the order of release into the pool. One at a time, 30 seconds before your start time, you will be invited to move into lane 1.
- 15 seconds before you start, as the competitor before you begins, you will be asked to move into lane 2 where your swim will begin.
- Since each length is 50 metres, to ensure you accurately complete 400m and finish at the exit steps of the pool to the transition area, you are required to swim as follows:
1. Swim 2 lengths, out and back, in lane 2 - moving under the barrier into lane 3 as your turn into your third length.
2. Swim 2 lengths, out and back, in lane 3 - moving under the barrier into lane 4 as your turn into your fifth length.
3. Swim 2 lengths, out and back, in lane 4 - moving under the barrier into lane 5 as your turn into your seventh length.
4. Swim 2 lengths, out and back, in lane 5 and exit the pool via the steps, turning left into the transition area.
Running in the transition area is prohibited. Leave any swim kit in your transition area to collect after your run. Once you are ready, follow the directions of marshals from the pool to the run route.
The 5K course consists of 3-laps, all on tarmac or hard gravel pathway.
Results will be uploaded live to our website (internet connection permitting) and communicated to all pre-registered participants within 24 hours of each event.
Aquathlon: GBP 40.00
The following Cookies are used on this Site. Users who allow all the Cookies will enjoy the best experience and all functionality on the Site will be available to you.
You can choose to disable any of the Cookies by un-ticking the box below but if you do so your experience with the Site is likely to be diminished.
In order to interact with this site.
To help us to measure how users interact with content and pages on the Site so we can make things better.
To show content from Google Maps.
To show content from YouTube.
To show content from Vimeo.
To share content across multiple platforms.
To view and book events.
To show user avatars and twitter feeds.
To show content from TourMkr.
To interact with Facebook.
To show content from WalkInto.