Don't turn your home into a house of horrors this Halloween
17th October 2017
... Comments

Are you having a Halloween party this year and getting into the spooky spirit this October?

We want to make sure that you stay safe as well as having a spooktacular time, we've put some of our top tips:

  • Make sure you are using the correct light bulb for your fitting if changing for a funky colour
  • Remember not to overload your plug sockets.
  • If using an extension lead make sure it has sufficient length and number of sockets that you require, don't try to plug in additional extensions lead in to double up.
  • Don't leave any lit candles unattended or alight if leaving the house for "trick or tricking" or you're off to bed.
  • Do not nail or metal staple lights to extension leads as this may damage the electrical cords insulation. Which can lead to a fire or electrical shock.
  • Visually check our electrical decorations before using for any damage, burnt out or exposed wiring.
  • If your decorating just remember not to keep them too close to a heat source as this can cause a fire.
  • Before purchasing a Halloween outfit ensure you check the label, to see it complies with the British Stand BS5722.
  • If you've got a full house or have children around the home why not consider an LED Lit candle instead of a real candle.
  • After all that don’t forget to have fun.

Check out the Electrical Safety First monsters showing you the potential dangers in your home Electrical Safety First- House of Horrors

59e639dac6a7116c3b002016

More
About the Author

Rhian May

Member since: 26th May 2016

Offering professional & quality service throughout Sussex. We are Approved NICEIC Contractors & Domestic Installers as well as Buy With Confidence Scheme.

Popular Categories