Throughout 2017 RSE Group will pledge 1000 hours of voluntary work across a range of charities.
Our aim is to give back by doing anything and everything that will help!
We will be doing what ever it is that our chosen charities need; from admin, social media, painting, gardening, marshalling etc.
We will be totaling up our hours and plan to complete our pledge around Christmas time this year.
Our chosen charities include:
Seaview Project – www.seaviewproject.co.uk
- Furniture Now – www.nowcharity.org.uk
- Age UK – www.ageuk.org.uk
- Cinnamon Trust- www.ageuk.org.uk
- Parkinson UK – www.parkinsons.org.uk
- Happy Paws – www.happypawspuppyrescue.co.uk
- Hastings Food Bank – www.hastings.foodbank.org.uk
- St Michaels Hospice – www.stmichaelshospice.org.uk
- Demelza – www.demelza.org.uk
- Childrens Respite Trust – www.crtcharity.org
- Canine Partners – www.caninepartners.org.uk
- Care for the Carers – www.cftc.org.uk
- Young Enterprise – www.young-enterprise.org.uk
- Hastings Lifeboat – www.hastingslifeboat.org.uk
- Phab Kids – www.phabkids.co.uk
- HRVAB – www.hrvab.org.uk
- Mind – www.mind.org.uk
- Free Rein Horse Rescue – www.freereinhorserescue.com
- Riding for Disabled Association – www.rda.org.uk
- Alzheimers Society – www.alzheimers.org.uk
- Victim Support – www.victimsupport.org.uk
Alongside our chosen charities, we have Martin who is voluntary Chairman of Skills East Sussex (SES) which is the county’s strategic body for employment and skills. He routinely supports their meetings alongside offering long term employability guidance and advice. Please visit : www.eastsussex.gov.uk/business/eastsussex/selep/ses for more information. He also works with People Matter (www.people-matter.org.uk) and Tomorrow’s People – who have supported over 475,000 people on their journey into work. Please visit: www.tomorrows-people.co.uk for more information.
As you may or may not know, Mandy is Enterprise Advisor for Virtual School within East Sussex. This is the “corporate parent” that looks after “children in care”. Working alongside ESCC, Skills East Sussex and The Careers and Enterprise Company, Mandy and the RSE Group will be inspiring and teaching carers and students in care what finding a role in the 21st century is all about. The whole team will be involved in various events and support meetings throughout the year.
We will be documenting our activities along the way – so watch this space for more information!