King Cross Park U15s 8 North Derbyshire Chargers U15s 12
22nd October 2012
... Comments

The Halifax side provided some stout defence and with Chargers making individual errors it took 10 minutes before Macauley Watkinson went over from a long pass on the left side. Another 6 minutes of scrappy play passed before another move on the left put in Aaron Wycherley. Both tries went unconverted and so did a third, this time on the right, again by Watkinson, to bring the score to 0-12 at half time.

A mistake direct from the kick off and a missed tackle in midfield allowed King Cross to attack and get themselves on the board, but their kicker was also having an off day and the conversion slid wide. Five minutes later the pressure was really on when a good move by King Cross, marshalled well by a lively scrum half, resulted in a try out wide on the right. This kick was missed as well but the momentum, and the slope, was in favour of the Halifax side and they spent a lot of time with possession. The Chargers were strong in defence, as they have been since the start of the season, with Munashe Fumhanda taking the Man of the Match for some powerful tackles and some great drives. Several players carried knocks but with no substitutes to call on they stayed on to help the defensive effort. Finally the whistle went and the Chargers hung on to an unbeaten run that goes back to March 11th.

The game next week has been cancelled, with the Chargers taking 2 more points, and so the last game of the season will be on November 4th against Smawthorne Panthers at Creswell RFC.

Chargers: Hallows, Brown, Stephenson, Wycherley (1T), Ryan, Watkinson (2T), Chapman, Brain, Walters, Fumhanda, Bullars, Cox, Beech.


About the Author

Ged CT

Member since: 2nd July 2012

Chairman and Director of North Derbyshire Chargers RLFC, MD of 2and7 Limited - a provider of information systems services to small and medium enterprises, specialising in data collection and analysis systems...

Popular Categories