It may be a time when you think of sun, sand and relaxation, but we know that the summer holidays can sometimes be a stressful time for families... so to help you, we’ve come up with Relate’s tips for enjoying a happy summer together.
If your family needs some extra support – either over the summer holidays or after the break – talking to one of our friendly and expert counsellors could really help you to improve things.
Contact us today on:
01246 231010 or email@example.com
Relate’s 5 tips for a happy summer holiday:
1. Try to sit down as a family to plan what you can do over the summer. Be prepared to explain why certain activities might not be an option and get the children involved with thinking up creative things to do that are low cost.
2. If you get into an argumentative situation, for example getting lost en route, remember that children benefit from seeing conflict constructively resolved – humour is a great way to dispel in car tension!
3. If you’re going away together for the first time as a step family, it will probably feel very different for the children. Try to see it as a chance to create some new summer traditions.
4. Talk as a couple before you go away about boundaries for your children – and keep a united front if they challenge you.
5. Try to find some time to spend alone as a couple.
Relate offers support to everyone for all kinds of relationship issues. Our services include Relationship counselling, Family counselling, Sex therapy, Children and young people’s counselling and a wide variety of workshops and courses.
[Source: Relate Chesterfield]
Member since: 9th July 2012
Hi I'm Emma and I am passionate about all things Chesterfield. I hope you enjoy reading my blogs and find them to be interesting. I would love you to add your personal comments to them