Are you staggered by the rising cost of gas and oil?
Is a large chunk of your income going towards fuel bills?
Would you rather spend this money on holidays, gadgets or shoes?
PBK (UK) Ltd are Plumbing and Heating Engineers based in Whitland Carmarthenshire but cover South West Wales.They specialise in renewable energy that can slash your energy bills. How would you spend that spare cash?
PBK are experts in all areas of plumbing and have increased their services to include renewable and low carbon technologies. These include solar thermal, biomass and ground source heat pumps.
A Ground Source Heat Pump will use pipes buried beneath the ground to absorb the heat from the earth. The heat is sourced about three feet under the ground, which stays at a constant temperature all year round. It is best combined with under floor heating, as it delivers heat at a lower temperature than a boiler but over a longer period of time.
Heat is absorbed from the ground via a series of pipes laid under your garden, which is then pumped into a heat exchanger, which pushes heat into your home.
The benefits of a heat pump are,
• Generated heat and hot water for your home
• Average cost for installation is between £5,000 - £9,000
• A Government grant is available
• An increase to the value of your property
• Initial outlay is paidback within 3-5 years
• A 30%-40% reduction in energy bills
• It is best for properties without access to mains gas
• It works with your existing heating system
• Heat is generated is clean, reducing your carbon emissions, especially if converting from oil.
If you would like more information and to discover if your property is suitable call PBK (UK) Ltd on 01994 279 059
Member since: 10th July 2012
I am Diana Vickers, the site owner of thebestof Carmarthenshire. This was launched in Carmarthen town in June 2008, to support the very best of the area’s businesses with their promotions and marketing....