It's time to complete forms P11D, to report expenses (which were not included in your dispensation agreement with the Tax Office) and benefits paid to your employees in 2011/12. The P11D details can be submitted online using the free HMRC software or using your own payroll software. Alternatively you can complete individual paper forms, or submit a schedule to the Tax Office containing details for all your employees. Whichever method you chose, the deadline is the same: 6 July 2012.
Be careful not to submit the same P11D details by two methods: say online and in paper form, as this will only confuse the HMRC computer!
Some other common mistakes made when completing forms P11D include:
- Not ticking the 'director' box when required
- Missing employee ID details such as date of birth, gender, and full name
- Including expenses which have been covered by a dispensation
- Incorrect calculation of benefits provided for part of the year, such as cars, vans and fuel. You should use number of days available/366 for 2011/12.
- Restricting the list price value of a company car to £80,000. This cap has been abolished from 6 April 2011
- Omitting the cost of accessories fitted to cars after delivery
- Using the incorrect rate of interest for beneficial loans - it was 4% for the whole of 2011/12.
Chronicle Accountants can help you with your P11D forms, which can be quite a nightmare if you have lots of employees who received benefits or expenses.
Member since: 22nd June 2012
I'm from York originally but crossed the pennines quite a while ago now. I'm married to Cathy and we have eight children between us. I'm also a Christian and attend a local Church. I love walking, fishing,...
The following Cookies are used on this Site. Users who allow all the Cookies will enjoy the best experience and all functionality on the Site will be available to you.
You can choose to disable any of the Cookies by un-ticking the box below but if you do so your experience with the Site is likely to be diminished.
In order to interact with this site.
To help us to measure how users interact with content and pages on the Site so we can make things better.
To show content from Google Maps.
To show content from YouTube.
To show content from Vimeo.
To share content across multiple platforms.
To view and book events.
To show user avatars and twitter feeds.
To show content from TourMkr.
To interact with Facebook.
To show content from WalkInto.