Christmas can be a stressful time - shopping, planning a meal, dealing with the dreaded in-laws....read more »
CLAN (Cancer Link Aberdeen North)
Your local cancer support charitable organisation for Aberdeen, Grampian, Orkney and Shetland.
CLAN Cancer Support is a local, independent charitable organisation based in Aberdeen, whose main aims are to provide support, information, care and complementary therapies to anyone who has been affected by cancer, at any stage - from diagnosis onwards. Whether you are affected personally, or as a carer, family member or close friend, our services are available to you. Based in Aberdeen we cover all of Grampian, Orkney and Shetland. We are funded by charitable donation.
The CLAN charity in Aberdeen believes in a holistic approach - taking care of the whole person - trying to make you feel comfortable, relaxed, supported and better able to cope when a diagnosis of cancer is given.
The CLAN charity offers:
- A relaxed, welcoming and positive environment in Aberdeen
- Comfort, hope, care and support
- Help and encouragement to overcome anxieties and fears through understanding and positive thinking
- A ‘listening ear’ service, by trained support volunteers with experience of cancer
- Counselling service in Aberdeen
- A dedicated children and families support worker
- A number of different complementary therapies to help you relax, improve the quality of life, balance energies and promote healing
- Information about cancer and related services in our Aberdeen library
- Benefits advice
- Home and hospital visiting and telephone/e-mail support
- Group meetings and activities in and around Aberdeen
- Transport to and from the Aberdeen centre
- Holiday home in Banchory near Aberdeen
- For those visiting the hospital in Aberdeen, we can provide affordable Bed & Breakfast accommodation
The Centre, based in Aberdeen, is open for drop-in Monday to Friday 10 am - 4 pm, except Thursday when it is open 10 am - 7 pm.
Funded by charitable donation
Charity shops at 117 Rosemount Place, Aberdeen and 11 Summer Street, Aberdeen.
Cancer Link Aberdeen & North (CLAN) is a company limited by guarantee in Scotland No 140582 and is recognised as a Charitable Organisation Ref SC 022606
Please mention The Best of Aberdeen when contacting CLAN (Cancer Link Aberdeen North)
Charitable Organisation - Aberdeen