The Jug & Bottle
The Best of York can vouch for this superb local delicatessen offering great quality food, wine and gifts
The Best of York is delighted to feature Louise Smith, owner of The Jug and Bottle delicatessen and off licence. Louise is very proud indeed of her March 2007 award as Yorkshire and Humberside's 'Best Shop' in The Observer's Food Monthly magazine, serving great foods and wines to the local community.
Louise truly qualifies as being among the Best of York's deli's as it was her customers who voted for her wonderful food and deli selection. This delicatessen and off-license boasts great food including pies, quiches, cold meats, etc for the buffet, here's a selection:
- Deli: delicious olives - Great with cold meats, quiche, pies and humus
- Cheese: 20-30 varieties with some unusual ones such as Y Fenni with beer and mustard seed
- Organic fruit and veg: delivered fresh every Friday afternoon (organic humus, milk and cream too)
- Bread: fresh locally baked
- Wines: over 200 wines from around the world,
- Beers and lager: draught or bottled
- Cider and perry: from Westons, Gwatkins and Sheppy's
- Bar Hire: a portable, sturdy, weather-proof pine bar - great for any occasion.
- Gifts: Hampers on a 'You Choose' basis, Louise will wrap them for you (food and/or gifts)
Not far from York or Selby, this shop has many wonderful gifts including unique glasses and decorations as well as food within this deli. Next time you are having a party, buffet or simply a night in and want some outstanding food from a unique deli visit Louise to experience truly one of the Best of York delicatessens. Scrumptious quiches, cold meats, pates, pies along with all accompaniments such as pickles and preserves are available all year round.
Opening hours: Wednesday, Thursday & Friday: 11.am - 9.pm
Saturday: 9am - 9pm. Sunday 1pm - 7pm
Great food at a great deli representing The Best of York.