A Walsall regeneration success story can be found at the Blakenall Village Centre
Walsall regeneration - Blakenall Village Centre is at the forefront of the regeneration drive to transform Walsall
Blakenall Village Centre has been widely acclaimed as a flagship building, not only as a local landmark but also as a bustling community ‘hub’. This regeneration success was built with the aid of cash from the Government, the centre has taken shape after local people expressed their views on what improvements were needed. The centre was designed by the community, for the community and is owned by the community.
The £7.3 million facility was officially opened on 7th October 2005 by HRH Princess Royal. The building is the biggest capital project in any of the 39 New Deal areas throughout England to date.
The Centre is the first of its kind in the region, bringing to the area community and mainstream public services that work together delivering a more structured, holistic approach, easily accessible to all members of the community and professional alike. The benefits of doing so are already manifesting themselves in improvements to mainstream public service departments working more closely to deliver national and local targets.
The public services under one roof –
- Blakenall Meadow Practice Health Centre with GPs primary care facilities
- Walsall teaching Primary Care Trust
- Co-operative Pharmacy
- Community Dentist
- Complementary Therapy for cancer patients
- Bereavement Service for cancer and palliative care patients
- Walsall Council - Social Services
- Walsall Council - Library Services
- Bloxwich Housing Trust
- New Horizon - ‘healthy eating’ restaurant and meeting place
- Jean Beeley conference and meeting rooms
- Walsall’s New Deal: New Horizons management
The Best of Walsall is passionate about promoting the best in Walsall
- Aldridge, Brownhills, Pelsall, Rushall, Leamore, Bloxwich, Willenhall, Darlaston, Paddock, Streetly and Park Hall
Regeneration - The Best of Walsall