The charity Missing People offers a lifeline for the 250,000 people who run away and go missing each year in Richmond and throughout the UK. For those left behind, we search and provide specialised support to end the heartache and confusion.
Are you missing someone? Have you seen someone?
Every five minutes a child is reported missing in the UK
- In the 10 minutes it takes you to read this document, two children will have been reported missing.
- There are an estimated 210,000 reports of missing people in the UK annually
- We estimate that at least two-thirds of these will concern young people
- At any point in time, we have around 6,000 open missing people registered.
- 1 in 6 of these will involve youths under the age of 18.
"In order for the charity to support others, they themselves need support."
Sir Richard Branson
Providing aid and support to nearly 2,000 families looking for missing people every year, the Missing People charity;
- Offers direct assistance to nearly 80 youths every week
- Comprehensively looks for missing people and supports those who are searching for them, as well as three other services:
- Runaway Helpline
- Message Home
"I have always been greatly impressed with the scale of the charity's work and the dedication of it's staff and volunteers."
Sir Trevor Mcdonald
Donations enable Missing People to utilize more resources for the core work carried out as they are not restricted to specific projects.
Be it a sponsored walk, climbing Mount Everest or making coffee for your friends and family, contributions from community events make a huge difference to this charity organisation
Trusts and Foundations
Missing People is keen to construct new relationships with charitable trusts and foundations.If linked with a charitable trust, no matter how large or small, please do contact the organisation
The charity's work attracts substantial media attention with an estimated value of over £2million per year. Therefore, by aligning a company with this high profile cause, the company receives the impact and positive exposure.
"Missing is an issue for every one of us."
Philomena McCann - aunt of Madeline McCann
Examples of how donations can make a difference
- £5 enables the Missing People to produce missing posters for two vulnerable missing children.
- £25 provides 10 families with Missing People information packs, which gives them the advice, guidance and support they need to know when they first know their young person is missing.
- £150 helps pay for the translation of a Missing poster into languages other than English, enabling the charity to find missing people all over the world
- £1000 allows the charity to do an age progression on a long-term missing child case, which could enable them to be identified years after they went missing
when contacting Missing People
a charitable organisation working in
Richmond upon Thames
[Charities - Richmond]