The Bay is a local radio station dedicated to entertaining the people of Poole and Bournemouth with a great choice of music PLUS traffic, travel and local news.
The Bay 102.8 FM - a local radio station that's passionate about Poole
The Bay is a brand new, exciting and informative radio station dedicated to its 200,000 listeners in Poole and Bournemouth.
Every day, we entertain local listeners with our breakfast show, the drive time broadcasts - and of course we have regular traffic and travel, hourly weather updates and special broadcasts from local events.
What's on at The Bay 102.8 FM?
We've got a great line-up of radio programmes every day. Here are some of our regular broadcasts.
- The breakfast show - 6am to 10am every morning. The Bay brings you music, chat, local and national news plus up-to-the-minute traffic, travel and weather.
- Afternoon drivetime - from 4pm to 7pm every afternoon and evening - with local traffic information to keep you moving.
- The late show - every night from midnight to 6am, The Bay 102.8 FM keeps you company through the night.
We broadcast every day, including Saturdays and Sundays. Tune into 102.8 FM - 200,000 local listeners can't be wrong!
Chat, information and music - all on Poole's local radio station
As well as up-to-the-minute popular music, we also have specialist programmes with jazz music, folk music, country music and soul. In fact, our playlist is massive and includes all the very best tracks from the last 40 years.
As a community radio station, we are passionate about Poole and Bournemouth. We're a 'not for profit' radio station, and we have some important objectives......
We're here to promote the local community, enhance and broaden the knowledge of our listeners - and provide entertainment and information through our radio programmes.
We also want to:
- help promote economic development and social enterprises
- promote employment opportunities across Poole and the surrounding areas
- increase the awareness and knowledge of Poole's amenities, facilities and community groups.
We provide great opportunities for people of all ages to get work experience in radio and the media.
Tune in to The Bay 102.8 FM to find out more!
"A community radio station in Poole is very exciting.....Poole is a distinctive place with a range of interests that would benefit from having a local radio station."
Robert Syms, MP, Poole.
To listen to Poole's newest and most vibrant radio station, tune into The Bay 102.8 FM. visit the website to find out more about advertising and sponsorship or email us your suggestions. After all, The Bay 102.8 FM is YOUR community radio station.
Please mention thebestof Poole when you contact us.