Ty Maen Caravan and Camping Club Site
Ty Maen Caravan Park and Camping Site between Oswestry and Llangollen is the ideal spot to to explore both North Shropshire and North Wales. You will get a warm welcome to this friendly and well-cared for Caravan Park.
INTRODUCING TY MAEN CARAVAN PARK & CAMPING CLUB
Ty Maen Farm Caravan Park and Camping Club site is a beautiful and friendly caravan park and camping site situated just inside the border of North Wales about half way between the market town of Oswestry and Llangollen, home to the international music Eisteddfod.
Ty Maen Farm Caravan Park is an excellent base to enjoy the many local attractions or very convenient for an overnight stop for people travelling with caravans to the North Wales Coast. It's also very popular for people visiting North Shropshire and wantig to enjoy the market towns of Oswestry and Ellesmere.
NEAR TO EVERYWHERE
Sheltered in an area steeped in history, Ty Maen Farm Caravan Park has numerous attractions full of local interest with just five miles. The caravan park is on the banks of the River Dee and a short walk from the Llangollen canal where you can walk along the canal tow path over Telford's Aqueduct and enjoy a meal at the Telford pub on the bank of the canal.
WORLD HERITAGE SITE
Now a part of the World Heritage Site of The Pontcysyllte Aqueduct in the Trevor Basin, Ty Maen Caravan Park is a short drive from the aqueduct and the renowned canal network.
Nearby attractions include
- Chirk Castle
- Powis Castle
- Erddig House
- Whittington Castle 5 mins from Oswestry
- Park Hall Farm (all weather attraction for all the family) Gobowen Nr Oswestry
- World Heritage Site Pontcysyllte Aqueduct
- Llangollen (Book your caravan /tent pitch for the International Balloon Festival in September each year)
- Oswestry Market (Wednesday`s and Saturday`s)
- Chirk Car boot sale (one of the biggest in Wales)
- Offa`s Dyke path
To give you an idea of distances to local towns: Chester 20 miles, Oswestry 8 miles, Llangollen 5 miles, Chirk 2 miles and Wrexham 10 miles.
CARAVAN PARK FACILITIES
Facilities at Ty Maen Caravan Park and Camping Site are many and well-cared for:
- New Shower and Toilet Block
- Hard Standing for five caravans - although we can take up to 60 for rallys
- Chemical toilet and disposal point
- Drinking water
- Trailer Tents
- Children's play area
- Grassy Site
- Golf three miles*
- Public Transport within one mile.
- Dogs on leads welcome - there is a doggy exercise area.
You are spoilt for choice when it comes to playing a round of golf book a week at Ty Maen Caravan Park and play on a different course each day all within 30 mins drive of the Caravan Park.
- Vale of Llangollen Golf Club, fantastic greens great setting, 10 mins
- Oswestry Golf Club, 20mins
- Chirk Golf and Country club, 5 mins
- Wrexham Golf club, 30mins
- Mile End Golf Club (near Oswestry), 20 mins
- Llanymynech Golf Club, Fantastic views of four counties (Ian Woosnams old club 23 mins)
- Henlle Park Golf Club Gobowen, Nr Oswestry, 15 mins.
COSTS AS FROM APRIL 2012
Caravans with upto 2 adults and 3 children
£12 per night - electric not included
£14 per night - electric included
Each additional person, £2.50 per person, per night
1 person, £6 per night
Each additional person, £2 per person, per night
Electric - £2 per tent, per night
Charges include use of shower.
WORKING FARM/SUPERB LAMB, BEEF AND PORK
Ty Maen Farm is a working farm often have a choice of their own homebred and reared meat for sale.
Throughout the year lamb is available - 10 days notice is required, so if you are coming to stay and are booking in advance then please ask and you can take home half or a whole lamb all butchered and wrapped ready for the freezer. Half a lamb from £42 whole from £84.
You can also enjoy their own pork sausages, pork and apple, pork and leek, and bacon available at various times of the year.
Pork 1/4 half or whole pig starting at £52 per 1/4 usually around Easter and Christmas.
Also their own beef from their Welsh Black and Charolais cattle is available in time for Christmas. Dont hesitate to phone and ask what will be available when you come and stay.
Please ask Richard or Gail for more information on 07773 209403 or 01978 823184.
Ty Maen Caravan Park and Camp Site
for it's superb location with easy access,
tidy and well-cared for site
and warm & friendly welcome.