Michelham Priory, one of the great days out and attractions near Lewes
Situated a few miles from Lewes, Michelham Priory boasts England's longest medieval water-filled moat. Steeped in nearly 800 years of history Michelin Priory offers one of the best days out and attractions near Lewes, with plenty of things to do for all the family.
Monasteries and Priories that were built adjacent to water courses would invariably incorporate milling for self-sufficiency.
The Priory is a beautiful historic property nestled deep in the Sussex countryside. It offers family entertainment across all levels with – history, exhibits, superbly kept gardens, art exhibitions, wildlife, working watermill.
There are also plenty of other attractions and things to do at the Priory:
- The Forge, a working forge that occasionally is worked by a blacksmith demonstrating his art.
- The Rope Museum, an important feature of the industrial history of nearby Hailsham.
- The Elizabethan Great Barn – dating from 1597/1601. This is an impressive structure and is frequently used for wedding ceremonies, receptions, corporate dinners, conferences and other functions.
- The Iron Age Centre – a replica Iron Age roundhouse and other replica buildings.
- The Picnic Site & Play Area
There is also a well-stocked Gift Shop and a self-service restaurant to help boost your energy levels.
For enjoyable Days out and Attractions near Lewes visit Michelham Priory & Gardens
For weddings at the Priory please contact Ellen on 01323-849141 or email email@example.com.
For further information on Michelham Priory or details of other entertaining days out and attractions near of in Lewes such as Lewes Castle, Anne of Cleves House, Fishbourne, The Priest House please go to our website:
Opening Times - 2013
16 Feb to 1 Mar, 11am to 4pm
2 Mar to 1 Nov, 10.30am to 5pm
2 Nov to 20 Dec, 11am to 4pm
2013 Prices: Adult £7.50, Child / Disabled / Carer £4.00, Student / Senior £6.50, Family £20.00
Please mention "The Best of Lewes" when replying to this advert for Days out and Attractions in Lewes