One of the few remaing traditional pubs with a full bowling green attached, The Bowling Green Lancaster is the ideal meeting place for everyone. Shoppers at Booths can enjoy a 'Shoppers Special' all day from 10:00am. The Green's extensive menu is available Monday to Saturday 12:00 to 8:00 pm, or you choose from their 2 for Â£10 options. Sunday is carvery day with a choice of up to 5 roasts. After a meal relax with a pint and watch the bowling or SKY TV sport.
The Bowling Green Lancaster
The Bowling Green is one of only two traditional public houses in the Lancaster and Morecambe area to still be able to boast, as the name suggests, a full Crown Green Bowling Green adjacent.
Converted to its current form in 1980 it has a traditional bar and bar games area and has SKY Sports TV so that you can follow all the matches and games in comfort, as well as offering local shoppers a comfortable refuge where they can enjoy a 'Shoppers Special' of a coffee, pastry or toasted teacake, catching up with the papers before heading home.
The large, tastefully decorated, lounge, which also acts as a restaurant, offers several menus to accommodate those just wanting a snack or lite bite, through to two for a tenner and finally the full a la carte bill of fare from Monday to Saturday inclusive. On Sundays there is a full carvery which includes vegetarian options.
All the menus have been selected and are prepared, by Chef Roy Currah, who has worked in top establishments across the North West. This is not 'pub grub' or 'fast food' but good quality food prepared from fresh, local produce.
The Bowling Green Lancaster is home to a Bowling Club which meets weekly, as well as holding six in-house competitions every year. Additionally there are many open bowling events throughout the year and the green is available for bowling parties and charity events.
A range of functions and events are catered for from music, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, retirement, funerals, corporate events, etc., and you can be sure that everything will be planned meticulously to ensure that your event is a huge success.
Whatever your reasons for visiting The Bowling Green the cheerful welcome, friendly atmosphere and ambience, mixed with superb food will have you returning again and again.
Dave and Natalie Horner
Dave and Natalie are your hosts at the Bowling Green Lancaster and you will always be made most welcome when you visit.
Dave Horner is well known in the Lancaster and Morecambe area having owned and run Squires Snooker Club for fourteen years from 1984 to 1998. He then ran the Wagon & Horses on St Georges Quay from 2000 to 2005 before taking over the Bowling Green two years ago.
Dave is also an Approved Trainer for the British Institute of Innkeeping in Licencing Law and Health and Safety and runs a monthly course for Personal Licence Holders in Manchester.
Extensively refurbished and redecorated to give a cosy, intimate atmosphere Dave has brought his vast experience within the Licensing Trade for the benefit of visitors to the Bowling Green.
It doesn't matter why you are visiting the Bowling Green whether just out shopping through to a large celebration, there will be something to suit your needs and pocket.
Monday to Saturday from 12:00 to 8:00 pm choose from:
· Shoppers Specials from 10:00 am - FREE Wi-Fi, hot drink and pastry or toasted teacake
· Appetizers - 7 great home-made starters to begin your dining experience
· Two for a Tenner - great value! Eleven main courses to choose from as well Jacket Potatoes with various fillings, and a range of sandwiches served with salad garnish, coleslaw and HAND CUT CHIPS.
· Lite Bites - a selection of 11 favourite dishes for the smaller appetite
· Sandwich Meals - 6 choices served on baguette or ciabatta, with chips, salad and homemade coleslaw
· Jacket Potatoes - served with salad garnish and choice of 7 fillings
· Main Courses - 21 dishes prepared freshly by chef Roy Currah from locally sourced produce
· Under 12s Menu - One of the best Children's menu anywhere! .A great range of starters, mains and sweets at reasonable prices and only the finest ingredients goes into their Children's Meals. Plus any Children's mail meal includes UNLIMITED fresh orange juice or cordial from the bar and one scoop of Wallings ice Cream
· Extras - 10 side dishes to choose from that will enhance your meal that little bit more
· Homemade Deserts - a delicious range of fresh, homemade desserts, and Wallings Ice Cream to round off your meal
Sundays 12:00 to 8:00 pm
Sunday Carvery - 1 course £7.95 - 2 courses £9.95 - 3 courses £11.95
· Starter - a range of at least 6 homemade to select from
· Carvery - up to 5 roasts to make your choice from and of course Yorkshire Pudding
· Vegetarian - vegetarian options always available
· Vegetables - your choice of roast or mashed potatoes with at least 6 fresh, local vegetables
·Desserts - your choice of 5 homemade, fresh desserts or Wallings Ice Cream.
Whatever the reason for you wanting to dine out, a meal out with friends, family or work colleagues the Bowling Green Lancaster is a genuine first choice, as well as great place to celebrate family birthdays, anniversaries and other occasions.
But just so that you are not disappointed why not ring on 01524 542 947 to guarantee your table.
Live Music and Events
Throughout the year the Bowling Green Lancaster holds not only a series of outdoor events and competitions in conjunction with the bowling club but also many indoor functions and live events
· Live Music - First Riverside Jazz Band first Thursday of every month and live bands the last Saturday of each month from September
· Charity events - the Bowling Green Lancaster supports Child Flight - for more information visit http://www.childflight.co.uk/
· Competitions and Open Events
To keep up to date with 'What's On' at the Bowling Green Lancaster, or to have them host your event ring 01524 542 947
Functions Conferences and Weddings
Whatever your occasion or event it will be great at the Bowling Green Lancaster.
If you want to deliver an impeccable event with the last detail organised to perfection, then the Bowling Green Lancaster will offer you the best facilities for large or small conferences, training days, business meetings, product launches and corporate events.
WEDDINGS & PRIVATE EVENTS
If you have a special occasion to celebrate, hold it here at the Bowling Green Lancaster.
Whether it's a company party, special birthday, engagement, anniversary, christening or even a retirement the Bowling Green Lancaster will help to ensure that you, your family and friends have a wonderful time celebrating!
For further details telephone 01524 542 947
Please mention thebestof Lancaster when contacting the Bowling Green Lancaster