North Worcestershire Economic Development
North Worcestershire Economic Development and Regeneration - improving towns and communities through business development and regeneration in and around Kidderminster.
North Worcestershire Economic
Development & Regeneration
Regeneration and Development
North Worcester Economic Development & Regeneration (NWEDR) Service covers the districts of Wyre Forest, Bromsgrove and Redditch (including Kidderminster and the ReWyre Regeneration Initiative).
If you would like more information, please visit the website
Recommended by The Best of Kidderminster
Business Development Services
Business Rate Relief
The authority has set aside £100,000 to support Business Rate Relief for empty shops in Kidderminster, Stourport-on-Severn and Bewdley.
If you are a retailer who wants to bring a shop that has been empty for three months back into retail use, you can apply to the district council for up to 100% relief from business rates for a 12-month period.
The NWEDR service provides business support and advice to encourage business development and growth. Grants available for business include:
- Empty Shop Grant - A grant of up to £4,000 for permanent improvements to empty retail premises in certain areas of Kidderminster town centre, subject to terms and conditions.
- New Business Grant - Wyre Forest District Council offers a £750 grant to qualifying businesses, subject to terms and conditions.
- Booster Grant - A grant of up to £2,000 match funding that aims to help young, growing businesses that have been trading between 18 months and 5 years, to make a step change in their development.
For more information on Grants or the Business Rate Relief Scheme, call 0845 6015953 or visit the website:
Commercial Property Search
The Wyre Forest District has a variety of competitively priced industrial/warehouse units, offices and retail premises, as well as a number of development opportunities.
To search for vacant commercial land or premises in the WYRE FOREST DISTRICT, please register for a FREE online listing with the Worcestershire Property Search service.
View the Worcestershire Property Service webpage or call now to discuss your requirements:
ReWyre Regeneration Initiative
The ReWyre Initiative is all about partnership working and bringing together the public, private and voluntary sectors together with the wider community to improve Kidderminster and the Wyre Forest District.
The aim of the Initiative is to promote and develop the exciting prospects of the District and make it an attractive place to live, work, visit and invest.
'Drawing Inspiration'... A Regeneration Prospectus
The Prospectus aims to highlight the town's challenges and opportunities to a wide audience from within and outside the area in order to attract support and investment to transform the fortunes of the town... to deliver a renaissance.
It is an ambitious 30 year vision for the future containing projects and initiatives that will be delivered in the short, medium, and long term timescales. It provides a bigger, strategic picture for the town's development and looks to bring the right people together to make
The Prospectus identifies 4 key themes that apply across the whole town:
- Homes and Communities
- Design and Environmental Quality
Efforts to address these themes will focus on four main Action Areas:
- Town Centre - creating a vibrant, mixed-used centre
- Comberton Hill - making an attractive gateway to the town
- Churchfields - establishing a mixed-use urban village
- Former British Sugar Factor ('The Beet') - South Kidderminster Business and Nature Park
To view the Prospectus and find out more, please visit the Wyre Forest District Council's website
Please mention thebestofkidderminster when you contact North Worcestershire Economic Development & Regeneration