Garden House Hospice
Serving Letchworth, Hitchin and neighbouring towns and communities, Garden House Hospice is one of the few hospices and charities that serve your local area. The offer terminally ill people and their loved ones palliative care and support, raising money through fundraising, weekly lotteries and pools and six charity shops in the Hertfordshire region.
Now celebrating its 20thyear, Garden House Hospice offers hospice care and support to patients with terminal illnesses in Letchworth, Hitchin, Baldock, Royston, Stevenage and surrounding villages.
Our services are given completely free of charge to patients and their families, partially through a contract with the East and North Herts Primary Care Trust, but mainly thanks to the support and generosity from our volunteers and the local community, who raise approximately £1 million every year in order to maintain our current level of care.
We hope to continue offering free, expert palliative care and support to terminally ill patients and their families, however, we still need your help!
There are a number of ways you can help:
- Volunteer in the hospice or one of our charity shops
- Donate items or shop in our charity shops
- Donate money or take part in our fundraising events
- Take part in our weekly lottery draw
Please call Garden House Hospice on 01462 679 540 for more information about the services offered and our range of fundraising events.
From complementary therapy and physiotherapy to in-patient care, Garden House Hospice offers a wide range of support to patients, their families and carers.
Services provided are:
- Drop-In Sessions - members of our team are available on Thursday mornings between 10am and 1pm to answer any of your queries
- Out-Patient Care - medical consultations and treatments, complementary therapy and physiotherapy
- Day Hospice - offering a break for carers and support for patients, families and friends. Access to our doctor, complementary therapist, physiotherapist, chaplain and family support team is available
- In-Patient Care - the hospice has 12 beds for 24 hour nursing care
- Hospice at Home - specialist nursing care, support and advice for patients in their own home. This service is available 365 days a year
Our Charity Shops
The Garden House Hospice currently operates six charity shops in the Stevenage and North Hertfordshire region:
- Letchworth Garden City
- Stevenage Old Town
- Stevenage New Town
You can find our Hitchin shop in the centre of town:
All of our shops rely on the support and generosity of the local community to donate goods, volunteer some time and of course, buy our products, greetings cards and tickets to the weekly lottery draw!
Support your local charity and be in with the chance of winning cash each and every week! Join the Garden House Hospice Lottery today!
Prizes range from £10 to £1000 and cost only £1 per ticket. You will be automatically allocated a Unique Player Number for every ticket you purchase and every Friday, 33 winning numbers are selected at random by the lottery computer.
You don't even have to claim as the winner's cheques are sent direct to your door by first class post on the day of the draw!
All proceeds go to the Garden House Hospice and it's easy to join; simply click here download an application form.
Please remember to mention The Best of Hitchin when contacting registered charity, the Garden House Hospice.
© The Best of Hitchin