Pews Bar & Courtyard
Relax and enjoy the comfortable surroundings at one of the most welcoming and understated bars in Guildford - Pews Bar and Courtyard.
Steeped in history, Pews Bar & Courtyard is one of the last remaining original public houses and bars of Guildford. In the last year, it has recently had a complete - yet sympathetic - overhaul, bringing the building back to its former glory and welcoming a number of modern, stylish features that guarantee a classic night out.
Pews Bar serves much more than drinks; we are known for our hearty, locally sourced food, parties and regular entertainment.
And then there is the courtyard! Popularly regarded as Guildford's best kept secret, the hidden courtyard is fully covered and heated during the colder months, but when the weather allows, the fully retractable cover allows the courtyard to become a sun trap. It features a fully functional outside bar serving the full range of wines beer, spirits and soft drinks, which is open 395 days a year.
Why not have an outdoor party at one of the best bars in Guildford? Pews Bar & Courtyard can reserve the courtyard for parties day and night - just give us a call on
to make a booking.
Food at Pews Bar
Situated on Chapel Street in Guildford, Pews Bar is deservedly proud of its wide and varied menu.
We have all of the firm favourites, but all created with our own unique twist.
Bar meals available include:
• Duck Breast - on a bed of creamy Savoy cabbage and bacon
• Salmon and Dill Fishcakes - served with spinach, watercress and Roquette salad
• 8oz Sirloin Steak - served with chips, side salad, wholegrain and Dijon mustard topped mushroom and cherry tomatoes
• Pews Burger - choose from chicken, lamb or beef, served with chips, salad and a choice of additional toppings
• All Day Breakfast - 2 rashers of bacon, 2 sausages, 2 fried eggs, hash browns and beans, served with bread and butter
• Salads - including Goats Cheese Salad, Tomato and Mozzarella Salad and Tuna Niçoise
• Light Bites - including Ploughmans, Potato Skins and Nachos
• Sandwiches - served on white or brown bread, or in a wrap
• Jacket Potatoes
In a rush for lunch? No problem! Simply give Pews Bar & Courtyard a call on
with your food order, let us know when you'll be arriving and we will do our very best to accommodate your needs.
Thinking of having a party or family celebration in one of the bars in Guildford?
We specialise in buffets and barbecues for large parties; all great quality and incredibly affordable.
Regular Events at Pews Bar
Pews Bar does more than simply serve wines, beers, spirits and soft drinks; the Guildford bar is well known for its regular entertainment:
Monday Night Mash-Up (Student Night)
Midweek Drinks Promotions
Pews Weekender with Live DJs
Monday - Friday:
120 Club (2 Hours of Drinks Deals between 5-7pm)
Please call Pews Bar & Courtyard on
or visit our website
for more information.
Pews Bar & Courtyard
21 Chapel Street
Please remember to mention The Best of Guildford when contacting Pews Bar - one of the most unique, informal and understated bars in the area.
Pews Bar is listed in the following categories : Wine Bars and Bars in Guildford.
© The Best of Guildford