Superb Nursery School - just outside of Grantham The Best of Nursery Schools.
Dappledown House Nursery School - Honington, Grantham
Nursery Schools with a High Standard of Care
Nursery School education can give your child a tremendous advantage in their subsequent educational and social Development. At Dappledown Nursery, near Grantham, we aim to provide a structured learning programme in which your child will have the opportunity to achieve the stepping stones that form part of the foundation stage curriculum. We endeavour to provide this nursery school education in a fun, safe, secure and stimulating environment.
Dappledown House Nursery is situated in Honington village about 4 miles out of Grantham. The nursery school building was in its formative years a school house and offers great charm and character. The nursery school rooms are brightly decorated and offer a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Outside of the nursery school are a large parking area and a fabulous enclosed child/safe play area. The nursery school does provide for wheelchair access.
Dappledown House Nursery School's objectives include;
- Special Event days to introduce your child to various social backgrounds. For example Police visits and food tasting sessions from around the world
- The nursery school will split the year into four seasons and run topics alongside those seasons. Wall displays in the nursery will be used to display your child's work
- The main room has a messy-free-play area for sand, water and paint. The emphasis will be on learning through play which will encourage your child's socialising skills
- Our nursery school education includes pencil control, colour recognition, letter and number work.
- There is a rest period after lunch which will enable your child to have nursery story time and singing.
- The Nursery school's outside area is at the top end of the premises and is enclosed by fencing and bolted gate. We encourage your child to use his/her physical skills, using both gross-motor and fine-motor skills. Your child will have free use of bikes, prams, hoops and balls. Physical exercise will be encouraged daily; if indoors the nursery, the aid of music and movement will be used.
- The Nursery school also has a baby room which is very stimulating and has a lot of floor equipment for the staff to use with the babies
The staff at Dappledown House Nursery School are at all times working towards giving your child the best start in their early years. The nursery school staff work in small groups providing sufficient attention for each child and are highly experienced and qualified.
The adult to child ratio is 1:5 over two years old and 1:3 under two years old, ensuring that your child is able to learn through structured and free play activities in a caring environment.
Dappledown House Nursery School is registered with the Early Years Ofsted
The nursery takes children from the age of six weeks and up to school age.
Nursery school opening hours are 8.00pm-6.00pm.
The nursery school provides nutritionally balanced meals throughout the day and will accommodate any special dietary requirements.
So if you are looking for nursery schools that will provide opportunities for your child in a fun, safe and stimulating environment then Dappledown House Nursery, near Grantham, comes highly recommended.
Give us a call on 01400 250358
Please mention The Best of Grantham when calling our Nursery Schools - thank you