Craigielaw Golf Club
Craigielaw Golf Club is located on the south east coast of Scotland, only 30 minutes from Edinburgh. A Championship links course designed by Donald Steel. Close to traditional Scottish links courses such as Gullane, Muirfield and North Berwick. Craigielaw golf course, practice facilities and clubhouse are perfect for visitor golf outings and corporate golf days.
With an expert team of PGA golfers and hospitality staff, we can create the perfect company golf day, whether it is informal with staff or competitive golf with clients.
The course set up makes it easy to run a number of different competition formats and allows you to take a midway break with a refreshment area set up after nine holes.
Our Foreshot Academy Practice range and South Links six hole, par 3 course makes this an ideal place for teaching sessions and demonstrations. We can put a package together with your individual requirements whether it is using the 18 hole course and/or team building on the South Links six hole course.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements and we are happy to show you round the facilities to help visualise and plan your golf day.
Some of the services and areas of help we can provide:
- Meet and greet guests, handle registration and check in.
- Run competitions - nearest the pin, longest drive, beat the Pro.
- Teaching and coaching sessions for all golf abilities.
- Prepare scorecards with names & handicap and finalise scores.
- Brief golfers before play of competition format and rules.
- Assemble advertising banners on and around the course.
- Help with prize ideas, corporate gifts and incentives and give support during presentations of prizes.
- Prepare personal goodie bags.
- Arrange corporate and society embroidery on polo shirts, sweaters etc - with suitable notice.
- Give group lessons and warm up sessions.
- Arrange golf club hire and other equipment where needed.
- Handle all your food and drink requirements throughout the day from bacon rolls and coffee to an a la carte menu.
- Set up meeting rooms/area for numbers of 2 to 120 people.
- Recommend and help source accommodation.
- Arrange a photographer to capture images of the day.
Craigielaw Golf Club is situated 30 minutes south east from Edinburgh's city centre on the beautiful East Lothian coastline. Our clubhouse with meeting rooms is modern and contemporary giving you high standard facilities in a relaxed setting. Craigielaw is an ideal place to hold a meeting whether your group is interested in golf or not. We have a range of clients who enjoy the peace and quiet of our clubhouse and return each time because the meeting space we have works for them. And we are sure you will enjoy the atmosphere and style of our clubhouse too as it is just a little bit different from an office or hotel.
We have 3 meeting rooms at Craigielaw Golf Club situated on the first floor of the clubhouse. All three have views of the golf course and beautiful East Lothian coastline.
- Gosford - The largest room can seat 120 people. The Gosford room can be set up for meetings, training sessions, corporate and social events and makes a stunning setting for dinner events.
- Wemyss - The middle sized room can seat 20 people boardroom style.
- March - The smallest room can seat 10 people boardroom style.
- Complimentary wireless broadband internet access.
- We can set up rooms in different styles depending on the requirements - boardroom & theatre to workshop style.
- We have equipment onsite - flip charts, paper and pens, TV & Video/DVD player.
- Extensive free parking in the golf club grounds.
- Excellent disabled access throughout the building and a lift to the first floor.
- We can provide all day refreshments, lunch and evening supper in the rooms or space can be made available in the bar/lounge or restaurant. Our menus range from snack to a la carte, buffet and BBQ.
- AV equipment is available through a hiring company.
Inspired by the great links courses of Britain, particularly those on land which are less dominated by dunes, Craigielaw is equal to many of the finest examples of such courses; some of which are conveniently located nearby in the East Lothian area.
Designed by Donald Steel & Co. the course opened in 2001 and in this short period has been host to many national events, including the 2006 Scottish Amateur Strokeplay Championship and was a qualifying course for the 2007 British Seniors Open at Muirfield.
With challenging greens, cavernous bunkers and spectacular views over the Firth of Forth, Gullane Hill and out towards Edinburgh and Fife, Craigielaw Golf Club is an experience not to be missed.
Craigielaw Clubhouse opened in 2003 to much anticipation on the part of members as well as visitors. Where the clubhouse once stood was a byre (cattle shed). The original red sandstone and much of the character of the building has been carefully retained and adapted with the clever use of wood, glass and copper. The architects and construction company involved in creating the clubhouse built a modern and contemporary structure with an inside space that is open plan, making it very welcoming and quite possibly unique in the UK. Many words have been used to describe the building - impressive, stunning, unusual and different. It's probably best to judge it for yourself.
Our clubhouse is open to everyone - members, visitors and non golfing visitors.
The spacious Lounge bar has an impressive expanse of window revealing stunning views across the golf course towards the Firth of Forth, Edinburgh and over Gullane Hill. The furnishings are relaxed with large, brown, cosy leather sofas and low coffee tables. A large hare sculpture (The Craigielaw emblem) greets you as you walk through the entrance and tucked in the corner is a red sandstone fireplace with comfy seating and another fireplace is down in the main lounge. At the far end (some 20 metres away) is the bar and servery with tall bar tables and stools. Located to the right of the lounge is the restaurant dining area with its wooden floors and strikingly, high glassed wall looking out to the grassed courtyard, which is a fantastic outdoor eating area and sun trap in the summer months.
We serve coffee, drinks and good quality food throughout the day. We look forward to welcoming you and hope you enjoy the relaxed atmosphere and style.
Craigielaw Golf Club Head PGA Professional Jonathan Porteous and staff are on hand to offer advise on equipment, clothing and coaching with a variety of teaching packages for all levels and ages.
The professional team is here to welcome you on arrival, make you aware of our facilities and show you to the first tee. The golf shop team also look after tee times and any hire equipment you may need to enjoy your game. There are Taylor-Made clubs, trolleys and Club Car golf carts to hire.
New '09 Stock
This year sees exciting new ranges introduced to the golf shop at Craigielaw. Crested pullovers and slipovers from Peter Scott Spring/Summer '09 range. Also arriving for the first time at Craigielaw are new polo shirts from Under Armour and a return for the popular Polo Golf range. These new addittions shall sit alongside our existing ranges Galvin Green, Greg Norman, FootJoy Red Label.
Our shoe range shall be provided by Foot-Joy including their new Classic Dry range, with clubs from Titleist, Callaway, Ping and Taylor-Made.
As aTitleist Fitting WorksCentre we have the new iron Sure-fit system which offers over 100 options on the new AP1, AP2, ZM and ZB iron range. Along with the irons we also have the NEW Sure-fit driver system which offers the new909 range with varying shaft/loft options and demo '09 fairway, hybrids and vokey wedges available for a professional fitting FREE of charge.
Along with Titleist we have the NEW Taylor-Made R9 driver in stock NOWand available for custom fit with movable head weights and left or right shot bias face positions. Also in stock the full range of Burner '09 woods, irons, hybrids and accessories.
If there is an item that is not in stock the professional staff have the resources to obtain all major brands that may be required.
Craigielaw Golf Club
The Best of Edinburgh Category: Corporate Entertaining, Wedding Venue, Team Building, Meeting Rooms, Corporate Hospitality, Golf Courses & Clubs
Tel: 01875 870800
Please Mention The Best of Edinburgh When You Visit Craigielaw Golf Club
If you have visited Craigielaw Golf Club, The Best of Edinburgh would like to hear about your experience so that we can provide a better service for all our users.
Thanks for visiting Craigielaw Golf Club & The Best of Edinburgh