National Blood Service Blood donation at various locations across the Durham area. Helping blood donation across Durham.
National Blood Service
Help Save a Life - Give blood in Durham
Some amazing facts about the National Blood Service:
- The National Blood Service guarantees to deliver blood, blood components blood products and tissues to anywhere in England and North Wales.
- The National Blood Service collects 2.1 million blood donations annually.
- 8,000 units of blood are needed every day to supply all the hospitals in England and North Wales.
- The National Blood Service depends entirely on voluntary donations from the general public.
- Almost anyone between the ages of 17 and 60 can become a new blood donor.
If you are interested in finding out about donating blood and where and when you can donate blood in the Durham area, visit: www.blood.co.uk
There are a number of locations in Durham and the Durham area where The National Blood Service collects blood on a regular basis, some of which are below:
- Brandon Community Centre;
- Three Tuns Hotel, Durham City;
- Belmont Community Centre;
- Fencehouse Community Centre;
- Barracuda, Chester le Street;
- Bowburn Community Centre.
If you'd like to help as a volunteer in the Durham area, The National Blood Service welcomes anyone who can give a little of their time to help spread the word.
If you are in the Durham area and wish to find out about volunteering or giving blood, visit www.blood.co.uk or call 0300 123 23 23.
National Blood Service in Durham
Thank you for visiting The National Blood Service & The Best of Durham