The Met in Bury is one of the top 100 venues in the UK according to PRS for Music.read more »
The Met, Bury
The Met is an independent performing arts venue and charitable organisation based in Bury.
WHAT IS THE MET?
"...a goldmine of entertainment in the heart of Bury"
An independent performing arts venue and charitable organisation based in Bury, just north of Manchester. Run by Bury Metropolitan Arts Association, a company limited by guarantee (No. 2370868) and a registered charity (No. 701879).
About The Met
The Met presents contemporary and classic theatre, music and comedy touring nationally and internationally. It regularly presents new and exciting artists who go on to become household names as well as established artists performing to sell-out audiences all over the world.
The Met is a hive of activity all year round, with workshops and events featuring on the packed programme regularly. Local events held at The Met include The Big Whistle Festival, Homegrown Festival of Finest English Folk and Bury Beer Festival. The Met also organizes Ramsbottom Folk Club and Ramsbottom Festival.
With the assistance of our funders, donations and sponsors, we maintain affordable prices for our events. We are committed to offering first class live entertainment - and welcoming you to the friendliest live arts venue in the North West of England!
Membership at The Met
If you love coming to The Met and want to show your support, consider joining our membership scheme. Memberships cost just £30 per year for an Individual Friendship or £50 for a Joint Friendship (two people at the same address) for which you will receive the following:
- Invitations to Artistic Director’s choice of events of the season
- Advance season brochure with an introduction from David Agnew
- Invitations to VIP and exclusive Friends’ events
- 24 hour priority booking by email for all new events
- Dedicated booking phone line 10-5 Monday – Friday.
- Access to the Ramsbottom Festival VIP area with a standard priced ticket
- Regular updates on our upcoming renovation
- A tour of the new building before the official opening
- Seasonal newsletters
- No booking, refund or exchange fees
- 10% off food at Automatic
Your donation will help to keep the very best talent coming to The Met now and well into the future.
Hire The Met
The Met is the perfect venue for a variety of events. With two studios and a main theatre that can be hired from 5 up to 300 people, The Met can accommodate everything from the smallest private meeting or party to public exhibitions, conferences or theatre and music performances
Experienced staff and professional facilities take the hassle out of the organization of your event. When you hire the venue you will receive:
- Marketing advice and support
- Fully licensed bar and practised bar staff
- Ticket sales through our friendly box office
- Sound and lighting by experienced stage technicians
- High quality catering from the expert chefs of Automatic
- We welcome promotions by bands, amateur and professional groups, and independent event promoters.
Rates are competitive and discount hire rates apply for charitable and non-profit events.
Contact The Met
Box Office - 0161 761 2216
Administration - 0161 761 7107
To email The Met or to visit the website please use the links at the top of this page.